Peak Health Care Products Prostate Control™ is designed to treat the symptoms of enlarged prostate known as BPH or Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Prostate Control™ contains natural ingredients (Green Tea or EGCG, Pomegranate Extract, Tomato Lycopene, Selenium, Zinc & Copper) that are well known for improving irritable symptoms such as:
- Hesitancy - difficulty in starting to urinate
- Weak urinary stream and urine dribbling
- Incomplete bladder emptying
- Need to urinate frequently, especially at night
- Wetting accidents
- Pain or burning with urination & blood in urine or semen
As men get older, they go through Andropause, the male form of menopause and the prostate enlarges. Enlargement of the prostate is called BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia). BPH is a nonmalignant enlargement. It is not cancerous.
Prostate Control™ helps prevent the conversion in the prostate from testosterone to DHT and estrogen, and helps breakdown and reduce the DHT and and estrogen levels already in the prostate so the body maintains a healthy level of both EHT and estrogen.
When BPH occurs the male hormone, Testosterone, in the prostate is converted to Dihydrotestosterone, DHT, which causes prostate cell multiplication. The more DHT, the more it enlarges the prostate.
Testosterone in the prostate also converts to the female hormone Estrogen, which, in large amounts in the body, enlarges the prostate.
The enlarged prostate with its BPH symptoms must be treated to relieve the lower urinary tract. If the DHT and Estrogen levels are left untreated, a certain percentage of these cases will lead to prostate cancer.
The herbs and ingredients in Prostate Control relieve the symptoms of BPH which could return without it. The additional herbs in Prostate Control help to insure that the prostate doe not enlarge again and bring back all the symptoms.
Ingredients and benefits of Prostate Control
- Beta Sitosterol - 125mg per capsule
- This is a plant sterol found in Pygeum Africanum and in Saw Palmetto.
- Green Tea Leaf (EGCG epigallocatechin-3-gallete) - 2.5mg per tablet
- Aside from water, tea is the most consumed beverage in the world.
- Green tea has many polyphenols. The strongest is Catechin polyphenol of which EGCG is the strongest antioxidant.
- Tea is consumed in 3 forms: green, oolong, and black all of which originate from the leaves of the plant Camellia sinensis. Black tea is produced from fermenting the leaf.
- Green tea slows dementia and Alzheimer's, increases longevity, and aids weight loss by increasing metabolism to burn additional fat especially in the lower stomach.
- Dr. Saverio Bettuzzi, Univ. of Parma, claims that EGCG prevents prostate cancer in men at high risk. At 300mg of EGCG per day it was 90% effective.
- Dr. Joe Vinson in a research study at Scranton University claims that green tea can prevent diabetes and cataracts.
- Pomegranate Fruit Extract (Punica Granatum or PFE) 40% Ellagic Acid - 45mg per capsule of which 18mg is 40% Ellagic Acid
- PFE is an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory that helps prostate cancer from starting or progressing. (ref: Dr. Malik Mukhtar, University of Wisconsin)
- Antioxidant activity of PFE is higher than that of green tea
- In ancient Greek mythology, pomegranates were known as “fruit of the dead”.
- Pygenum Africanum - 20mg of bark extract per capsule
- Helps promote and support healthy urination which, at night will reduce the number of nighttime awakenings
- Helps promote urine flow and minimizes the sensation that the bladder has not emptied.
- Contains a significant amount of beta-Sitosterol
- Helps control both DHT & Estrogen levels
- It's a large evergreen tree also known as African Plum that grows in the high plateau regions of South Africa. The bark is powdered. This wild species has been endangered because of increased harvesting.
- There are no negative side effects and completely safe
- Saw Palmetto Extract (Serenoa repens) - 150mg per capsule of which 67.5mg is 45% free fatty extract
- Its nickname is “old man's friend” because of its beneficial effects on the prostate. Also called “plant catheter” because of its ability to tonify the neck of the bladder and prostate.
- Its polysaccharides have been shown to have immune-stimulating properties
- It's an anti-inflammatory and an anti-edematous (reduces excess fluids in connective tissue).
- The saw palmetto in Prostate Control is fat soluble (in free fatty acids) rather than water soluble (as in saw palmetto tea which will have no effect on BPH)
- Causes few problems but some men may experience very mild stomach problems
- Will not cause difficulty in getting an erection like finasteride(a BPH drug)
- Contains a significant amount of beta-Sitosterol
- Selenium - 20mcg per capsule from Selenium amino acid Chelate
- Tomato Lycopene - 7.5mg
- Zinc - 8 mg
- Copper - 1mg
Take 2 capsules twice per day with or without food. Caution to women. Do not accidntly take this product if you are pregnant, lactating, or if you have stomach ulcers asno pregnant of lactating woman shoud take any herbs.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
Copyright © 2005 Mary's Herbal Garden. All rights reserved.