For those with multiple sensitivities and higher Diamine Oxidase (DAO) needs, Histamine Digest
PureMAX, the purest, most potent DAO supplement
combating histamine intolerance to date. With nothing but 6.4mg of pure DAO and 1% ultra-purified MCC, PureMAX is the choice for those looking for a DAO supplement without added nutrients or excipients.
Most DAO supplements contain one or more of the following ingredients that can cause problems with people who are already sensitive.
- Citric acid or ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) - can be a huge problem because it is derived from corn, which most people are allergic to and approximately 88% of corn is a GMO (genetically modified). Vitamer Laboratories classifies Vitamin C as a HIGH-RISK GMO.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbyl Palmitate) - can irritating to the gut, causing inflammation.
- Sucrose - sugar
- Rice starch - can go rancid & it can be a problem for people sensitive to grains.
- Shellac - insoluble in stomach acid and supplements coated with shellac are difficult for the body to break down and assimilate.
- Crospovidone - Allergic reactions are eye pain, change in vision, continued eye redness/irritation.
- Talc - known carcinogen containing high aluminum levels. Consumption can cause tinnitus or ringing in the ears.
- Glycerol - Glycerol can cause side effects including headaches, dizziness, bloating, nausea, vomiting, thirst, and diarrhea.
- Silicon Dioxide (Silica) - Flow agent.
- Magnesium stearate - Flow agent.
Due to these added ingredients, many people with Mast Cell Activation Syndrome or MCS were not able to take DAO supplements without reacting to them. This is very unfortunate because DAO can reduce and alleviate allergic/histamine reactions creating tremendous healing and benefits.
This is why is am so excited to find a DAO supplement that is very clean (only 1% MCC) and 1/3 higher potency than any other DAO supplement on the market.
Ten years ago my health took a severe downhill spiral. I was doing everything to recover, but in spite of all the positive things I was doing, I was very sick and unable to sleep much. I became very sensitive to anything electrical, and any radio frequencies or wireless technology would make me very ill. My sensitivities were endless - perfumes, dust, mold, foods, EMF, RF, etc. My general physician just tossed it off as "allergies". After many years of coughing violently and forming phloem after eating, I developed an umbilical hernia. I knew any coughing would have a good possibility of tearing out any stitching from the surgical repair, so I went to a professional allergist for "allergy testing". They did the IgE testing and proceeded to poke small needles into my back for everything on their list that could be allergenic. When I did not react to anything, I was told that I did not have any allergies. I later found out that the IgE allergy test is for an immediate and severe allergic reaction, so I had the IgG allergy test taken that tests for delayed allergic reactions. Surprisingly, I only came up positive for milk products, casein, egg whites, and napa cabbage, so I was very puzzled.
Finally, I heard about Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and as I studied it deeply I realized that my symptoms were from an overactive immune system causing the mast cells to become hyperactive and in that process, my body was creating elevated levels of histamine. My diet was loaded with high histamine foods that further escalated the problem, thus the severe coughing and copious phlegm after eating, and lowered immunity.
When I learned about DAO (Diamine Oxidase), it was a life-changing turning point for me!
What is DAO?
Diamine Oxidase (DAO) is the major histamine degrading enzyme in the gut that is made naturally in the body.
Low DAO is a significant problem in Histamine Intolerance and Mast Cell Activation Syndrome.
Many things and situations can precipitate this illness. The following situations can be factors in developing Mast Cell Activation Syndrome or Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.
- Gut inflammation, gut infection, or dysbiosis (gut bacteria unbalanced)
- Infections in the mouth, cavitations (infections in the jaw), mercury fillings, and mercury toxicity.
- Exposure to RF (radio frequencies), wireless technology, cell phones, cell towers.
- Exposure to any device with SMPS (Switch Mode Power Supply). This can be from an electric smart meter, a new variable speed furnace, and yes... LED lighting (alternates between an AC and DC current.
- Chemical Exposure. Herbicide and/or pesticide poisoning. Glycophate (Roundup) poisoning.
- Heavy Metal Poisoning - toxic levels of mercury, lead, aluminum, chromium, cadmium, arsenic, etc.
- Malnutrition - poor absorption of nutrients
- Mold exposure
- Plastic toxicity
- Fungal and/or candida infections
- Having a severe bacterial or viral infection
- Emotional trauma - divorce, death of loved one, financial problems, moving, war, a victim of violence, abuse.
- Poor functioning gallbladder, liver, pancreas, and/or kidney. Unable to eliminate toxins effectively.
DAO can also be low because of genetics.
If you are still eating higher histamine foods, DAO won't be able to take care of all the excess histamine, but it can help.
With Mast Cell Activation Syndrome you might start out reacting to a lot of low histamine foods and DAO can definitely help with that. As the gut starts to heal using DAO can help you to add more foods to your diet to enjoy. Low histamine foods are recommended for healing and recovery.
To learn more about Mast Cell Activation Syndome please click on the link below.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome
How to Use DAO
DAO works best when taken about 15 minutes before eating. If you forget to take it earlier, just try to take it before you start eating.
I have Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance. DAO has helped me to where I can eat a lot more foods and it has helped my gut heal. If I take it before I go to bed, I find it helps me to sleep better. if I wake up too early, taking DAO can help me to fall back asleep.
The dosages that work well for me:
- For smaller, low histamine meals - 1 capsule 15 minutes before eating.
- For larger meals or if the gut is inflamed - 2 capsules 15 minutes before eating.
- If I am going out to eat - 3 capsules before eating.
- When eating a high histamine meal - 3 to 4 capsules 15 minutes before eating.
Conditions that can respond favorably to DAO supplementation
- Mast Cell Activation Syndrome
- Histamine Intolerance
- MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity)
- Mold Toxicity
- Anyone with genetic variants for DAO (ABP1/AOC1 genes)
- Allergic Disorders / Asthma / Wheezing at night / Trouble breathing
- Runny nose
- Gluten sensitivity
- Inflammatory conditions
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) / Intestinal Infections
- Gut inflammation / Bowel Issues
- Psoriasis / Atopic Dermatitis
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Formation of mucous or phlegm after eating
- Trouble sleeping from high histamine levels in brain / Brain inflammation
- Anxiety and Depression from high histamine levels
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat,
cure, or prevent disease.
Copyright @ 2021 Mary's Herbal Garden.
All rights reserved.